18th Jan, 2019 Student Visa, Australia

Studying in Australia is an incredible method to encounter one of a kind Aussie lifestyle while increasing awesome new skills. Australia has world-class colleges, vocational colleges and remarkable English dialect schools to support international students.

Eligibility Criteria:

For the grant of Student visa (Subclass 500) following things should be taken care of –

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Criteria:

The GTE prerequisite applies to all student visa candidates. The officer evaluating the visa will and considers whether the individual circumstance of the student demonstrates that their aim is for a temporary stay in Australia. Applicant should satisfy visa officer that they have a bona fide intention to remain in Australia temporarily.

Certificate of Enrolment (CoE) in a registered course of study:

With constrained exemptions, you should be selected in a course of concentrate that is enlisted on the Commonwealth Register of Institution and courses for Overseas for Overseas understudies (CRICOS). In the event that you are applying from outside Australia, you should incorporate Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) for each course of concentrate with your visa application.

Financial Capacity:

If applying for study visa, it is exceptionally important that applicant have really enough cash accessible to pay for their course expenses, travel and living expenses for them and accompanying family members. Applicant would need to support the application with the documentary evidence of sufficient balance.

English Language Proficiency:

Applicant may need to give proof of their English dialect abilities with their visa application.

Health Insurance:

If applying for study visa in Australia, applicant should have satisfactory medical coverage while in Australia. Students can get health insurance from Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Character requirement:

It is likewise required to submit a police certificate to meet the character prerequisites of Australian government. The immigration department wants to make sure that persons immigrating to Australia have a good character.

Welfare arrangements:

If applicant is a minor (under 18 years old), applicant needs to have welfare arrangements set up while they are in Australia. To exhibit welfare arrangements, students can be joined by parents or lawful custodian, an appropriate relative can give accommodation, support and general welfare.

Benefits of applying for Student Visa:

  • Applicant’s dependent family members may go with you to Australia under the limited conditions.
  • Applicant and their family will be permitted restricted or boundless work rights depending on course type and unlimited work rights during scheduled course breaks.
  • Applicant’s partner (if eligible to go with them to Australia) can study in Australia for up to three months.

Duration of Student visa:

Duration of Program Duration of Visa
10 months or longer and concluding at the end of the Australian academic year (November–December) Visa will generally be permitted to March 15 of the next year.
10 months or longer (concluding January–October) Visa will generally be permitted for two months longer than the duration of your course.
Less than 10 months Visa will generally be permitted for one month longer than the duration of your course.

Document Checklist:

  • Identity Proof
  • 4 recent Passport sized photographs
  • Valid Certificate of Enrollment (CoE) for intended study
  • Evidence of Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement
  • Medical Certificate
  • Evidence of Health Insurance
  • Correctly filled and signed Student visa Application form (Form 157A)
  • Funding Proof
  • Source of Funding Proof
  • Previous Educational qualification documents
  • English Proficiency Test report
  • Welfare arrangement proof, if under age of 18
  • Parental Consent form, if under age of 18
  • Employment Proof (if any)
Visa options and prerequisites are in some cases subject to change. In order to stay up to date, the best place to get precise information is on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Another alternative is to contact our study and immigration experts at OSI Visa & Immigration Consultancy, who can help with your visa application, course application, and would solve any other queries.